Thanks to Giles Babb Read more [...]
- spaghetti or linguine
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- cherry tomatoes
- broad beans
- 1 whole mackerel
- Handful basil, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Generously salt. Add pasta and cook al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and oregano, cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer, until slightly thickened, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add pasta and cooked mackerel. Toss to combine, adding a little pasta water, if needed to loosen the sauce. Add basil and season with salt and pepper. Finish Parmesan cheese if desired.